WP Traffc Tools provides the ability to create custom permalinks for external URLs.
The administrator can do this within the post-editing wysiwyg box by highlighting the text, pressing the special cloaking button, and then setting up the permalink…
http://www.blogsense-wp.com/?a=wptraffictools —> http://www.wptraffictools.com/go/blogsensewp
Additional Options when creating masked links:
- Cloaking Targets. Cloak the target source by retaining the original masked link in the URL box.
- Blanking Referrers. Some developers prefer to blank their referrers to conceal information about the referrer source from the affiliate programs they are associated with. This is an optional feature. Please Note: As a manager of multiple affiliate programs; I have no desire to accept ANY commissions coming from a blank referrer unless notified ahead of time that my affiliate is running an email campaign, or has some other decent excuse. In spite of my personal opinion I’ve included this feature, as I’m sure there are honest(er) reasons for wanting it.
- Spider Redirection. This is another optional crafty feature included in WPTrafficTools that will permit you to detect whether or not the traffic is human or spider, and if it is spider then redirect it to a random onsite post, the homepage, or redirect it to the same page the masked link is located on.
- Redirection Type. Choose whether to 301,302, or 303 redirect your visitor to the external link.
- Target Window. Open link in a new window or in the same window.
- Permalink Creation. When creating masked link profiles we are given the option to select a classification. This “classification” is a buffer in the permalink such as /go/ or /products/. This is just an extra way to classify and prettify your masked links.
- Visitor & Spider Tracking. If spider redirecting is on WPTrafficTools will discern and log passthroughs of spiders and humans. If spider redirecting is off, we still count the passthroughs for each masked link so you can measure activity.